|St. Peter's, Delamere||Café at the station|
St. Peter's church at Delamere is easy to miss as the narrow lane that gives access to it is at right angles to a fast stretch of road. It is was originally built in 1816-17 by J. Gunnery and then altered greatly in 1878. The East window is by Kemp and Tower, 1906.
Delamere is perhaps best known for the woodland walks in Delamere Forest. The 'Sandstone Trail' running from Frodsham, through Cheshire to Whitchurch in Shropshire passes through Delamere. On the edge of the forest is the old railway station, now a cafe, with welcome refreshment for walkers.
The Buildings of England, Cheshire, by Nikolaus Pevsner and Edward Hubbard, Yale University Press, 2003, ISBN 0 300 09588 0