lichfield24.jpg

In Beacon Park is the bronze statue of Commander Edward John Smith, captain of the R.M.S. Titanic, who went down with his ship. It was created by Lady Scott, the wife of Captain Scott of the Antarctic. The section of Beacon Park known as the museum gardens was opened in 1857. The park was extended to the west in 1891 and again in 1943 when Lieutenant-Colonel Swinfen Broun bequeathed 12 acres.

Photo album created with Web Album Generator